What You Should Do If You Find Out There Is A Warrant Out For Your Arrest

Finding out that there is a warrant out for your arrest might not be the type of news you want to hear, but it is often better to find this out ahead of time rather than to wait for the police to cuff and arrest you when you had no idea that you were wanted. If you discover that there is a warrant out for your arrest, here are the steps you should take to deal with this matter.

Talk to a Lawyer

The first thing you should do in this event is to contact a criminal law firm to speak with a lawyer about what is going on. Criminal lawyers help defendants fight their charges, and speaking to a lawyer is the best option you have for learning your rights.

Speaking to a lawyer is also helpful for learning what you should do if there is a warrant for your arrest. Ignoring the warrant will not help, and your attorney will be able to give you guidance, advice, and tips as to what your options are. Additionally, talking to a lawyer might be a good idea, as your lawyer might be able to clear up the situation you are in, especially if there is no evidence at all that you committed the crime in question.

Find Out the Bail Amount

The second thing you should do is find out how much money you will need for the bail money to get out of jail. You can find this out by contacting the courthouse or the local jail. When you call, let them know that you just found out about the warrant, and ask what the amount it to get out of jail.

Turn Yourself In

Finally, you should go to the jail and turn yourself in. While it might be tempting to run or postpone this event, it is inevitable. Warrants do not simply disappear or expire, which means you will need to face this event at some point in your life, and it is often better to face it now rather than to wait.

If you need help paying your bail money, you can get help by contacting a company that offers bail bond services. They can give you a loan for the money you need to get out of jail, and you will not have to pay it back as long as you show up to all of your court hearings.